The Forensic Science of Floor Covering
Therefore, an expert must have the ability to back up their opinion with facts. As a Diplomate of the American Board of Forensic Examiners, and the American Board of Forensic Engineering & Technology, my approach to each investigation is based on “Scientific Method”. This follows the definition of the term “Forensic”, “suitable” for a court of law, and public argument, which generally follows Federal Rule of evidence 702.
As a member of ASTM International, we are responsible to see that all our reports conform to ASTM E620, Forensic Science.
The investigation begins with discovery.
1. Site visit (no geographical limitation)
2. Photographic Study
4. Document review
5. Dissemination of testimony
6. Development of the “Standard of Practice” With supporting documentation
7. Opinion based on reviewable facts.
8. Presentation Written reports with photos or complete video with narration on VHS or CD-Rom.
My work includes the Sciences of Chemistry, Physics, and Ergonomics. I use source information from all of these disciplines in the formation of “Opinion”. I am not subject to salesmanship, but evidence.
Current interpretations of “Daubert” leave the door open for the review of expert credibility. Our methods, which support our credentials, close that door.